Submission of entry
July 1 – October 25
Evaluation of final entries
With dissemination of original music as the mission, the 2nd International Internet Music Competition aims to be the brand competition of the kind in China., We, adhering to the principles of fairness, openness and equity, provide musicians with a platform for international exchange and cooperation in music, in the hope of promoting the integration of music and the Internet and excavating a series of outstanding original music works that are thoughtful, creative and artistically charming.
The entry submitted for competition shall contain Chinese elements and reflect the new economic development strategy of Belt and Road Initiative (BRI). Musicians are encouraged to convey their impressions of China in the form of music and to express their genuine feelings towards her, so that a new channel where China meets world cultures could be opened up, the exchange of Chinese music with world music and ethnic cultures could be promoted, and a diversified development of Chinese electronic music and popular music composition could be advanced.
We do not charge any entry fee from the contestant and any submitted entry will not be returned. The contestants are advised to keep a copy of their own. The copyright of a winning entry belongs to its creator, but the Organizing Committee reserves the right to use, adapt, perform and broadcast the entry.
The contestants shall not violate relevant laws, regulations and social ethics. They are responsible for their own entries and the entries shall not violate the intellectual property rights. If other materials are used for the entry, the source shall be indicated and the contestant shall be responsible for the corresponding copyright issue. Any group or individual that has submitted an entry shall have the ownership of the entry and all its materials, or shall have the right to use them. Any contestant that is accused and guilty of plagiarism shall be disqualified immediately of entering the competition and the contestant shall take full responsibility for any legal dispute that arises therefrom. Once an entry is submitted, it shall be deemed that the contestant has accepted any clauses that concern the contest. The Organizing Committee reserves the right of final explanation and the right to review or recover awards or prizes for the competition.
The Organizing Committee takes no responsibility for the loss or damage of an entry during online transmission or in the post, or for the loss or damage caused by force majeure.
After the winners are announced, the Organizing Committee will issue a notice of award. If the award is not confirmed and accepted by the winner, it will be deemed that the contestant has given up the award.
Please keep an eye on the announcements on the official website for any adjustment of schedule or supplement of competition rules.The final interpretation right of the articles of association is owned by the Organizing Committe
Internet Society of China (ISC)
People’s Government of Tongxiang
Zhejiang University of Media and Communications (ZUMC)
North American Musicians Association
International League of Chinese Musicians
Specialized Committee of Internet Culture and New Media, ISC
League of New Media for Music
Shanghai AXL Music Instruments Co. Ltd.
School of Music,ZUMC
Beijing 330 Music Co. Ltd.
Tongxiang Municipal Bureau of Culture, Radio, TV, Film, Press and Publication
WeChat official account:
+86-18367199299 (LI Lin)
+86-18805831085 (XU Zhuo)
For technical issues concerning the official website or WeChat official account
Theme and content of competition
Event One:Original Popular Music and Electronic Music Composition
Original Popular Music
1. One first-prize winner: RMB 20,000
2. Two second-prize winners: RMB 6,000 for each
3. Three third-prize winners: RMB 3,000 for each
4. Four honorable mentions: RMB 800 for each
5. One first-prize winner for Tongxiang culture elements: RMB 10,000
6. Two second-prize winners for Tongxiang culture elements: RMB 6,000 for each
7. Three first-prize winners for Tongxiang culture elements: RMB 3,000 for each
Electronic Music Composition
Special awards (one winner for each award):
1. Best Culture Element of Belt and Road Initiative: RMB 10,000
2. Best Ballad Music: RMB 5,000
3. Best Rock Music: RMB 5,000
4. Best Pop Music: RMB 5,000
5. Best Electronic Music: RMB 5,000
6. Best Band Performance: RMB 5,000
7. Most Popular Performance: RMB 5,000
Event Two:Composition of Anthem for China Internet Conference
1. One winner: RMB 50,000
2. Two Excellent Creation Award winners: RMB 5,000 for each
note: 1.To demonstrate the fairness of the competition, there could be a vacancy in any award in the absence of an outstanding entry.
2.All finalists will receive a certificate awarded by the Organizing Committee.
3.All prize money is pre-tax; the taxes shall be borne by the winner.
How to enter the competition:
1. Click the button “立即报名” below to open the WeChat Musician (微信音乐人) page;
2. Register on the WeChat Musician page;
3. Fill in personal information (click the button “音乐人资料” on the left navigation bar, or click the headshot or nickname to edit the information);
4. Upload an entry for competition
(1) Click the button “音乐” on the left navigation bar, then click the button “+发布专辑/单曲” to edit relevant information;
(2) Click the button “我要参赛” when an entry is uploaded. Select the event in the pop-up prompt box and click the button “确定”;
(3) You’ve entered the contest when a prompt box popped up telling you so.
WeChat scans QR Code into voting page